Friday, January 16, 2009

The psychology of sale shopping



I'll tell you a little secret - I'm not very good at sale shopping. Some people have a magical talent for rifling through racks of clothing and picking out amazing pieces for 70% off. I have a tendency to see a wall of mismatched and uncoordinated rags that look like they were last on a hanger in the shop three years ago and have only been brought out of dusty storage at sale time every year since.

I suppose it's not surprising, therefore, that sale shopping online is so much easier. Everything is laid out nicely on a clean white background, grouped into categories to make searching easy, and on the APC site they even make your shopping basket look like this:



It sort of reminds me of when I used to dress paper dolls in cut-out clothes and I like the way you see a whole outfit come together on the page. A lot more fun than those picked-over heaps of clothing in the shops, it has to be said.

1 comment:

T cup said...

can't stand sale shopping myself i never find anything and i always end up getting something i don't want as well. Just buy it for the sake of it!