Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Caudalie Vinotherapy



I've just placed another of my regular orders with the Caudalie website, so I thought it was time for a post about this brand. Caudalie is a French company which has been producing skincare based around the humble grape for over 10 years now. Grapeseeds contain polyphenols, which are powerful antioxidants that can help protect the skin against free-radicals, and Caudalie skincare is packed with these little gems. And it's not just the seeds which are used - the grapevine stalks themselves are full of something called "resveratrol", which works to stimulate cell renewal, and this is also used in Caudalie's anti-ageing products.

I've been using Caudalie skincare for around 6 years now, and coming from someone who loves to try out the latest new skincare products, this brand loyalty really says something good about the line! My favourites are the Gentle Cleanser (a mild, creamy cleansing milk which keeps my skin soft and clear), Instant Foaming Cleanser (a gentle, refreshing and non-drying foaming cleanser), Eau de Raisin (a soothing and refreshing water spray which I use after cleansing), Anti-Ageing Serum for Eyes and Lips (an easily-absorbed serum which works wonders on my under-eye circles), Vinoperfect Radiance Serum (a milky serum which is perfect for reviving a dull complexion) and Lip Conditioner (my must-have lipbalm, I carry this everywhere).

In Ireland, Brown Thomas has recently started to stock Caudalie's bath and body line and as far as I know Therapie on Molesworth Street still stocks the facial skincare. But I usually order directly from the Caudalie website - delivery is free on orders over €50, products are reasonably priced in Euros and orders are usually delivered in around a week.

Image courtesy of http://www.caudalie.com

No comments: